This company was founded in 1952 by Mr. L. L. Ellis and operated as Ellis Sand & Gravel Company. The main business activity was the production and sale of sand and gravel to surrounding counties and private concerns.
This company was incorporated by Mr. Ellis and his two sons in 1974 and has been operating since as Ellis Construction Company, Inc. Our company has grown from five employees in 1952 to seventy employees in 2001.
This company is licensed by the Mississippi State Board of Contractors. Our Certificate of Responsibility covers the following types of construction: Highway, Street and Bridge Construction, Heavy Construction, Municipal and Public Works Construction.